Children’s Health in the News
- What They Are Saying About “Healthy Families, Health Texas”, the House Plan on Health Care. (EIN Presswire, 04/09/21) Read Article.
- Covenant Children’s encourages public to help prevent child abuse with awareness activities. (KLBK-TV, CBS Lubbock, 04/07/21) Watch Broadcast.
- Texas lawmakers weight changes to protect families wrongly accused of child abuse. (Houston Chronicle reporting. NBC News, 03/30/21) Watch Broadcast.
- ‘Our women are dying’: Texas lawmakers urged to extend Medicaid to a year after birth for new mothers. (San Antonio Express News, 03/23/21) Read Article.
- Children’s Hospital Association Pushes for Medicaid Funding in Next Legislative Session. (Capitol Tonight, 12/17/20) Watch Interview.
- Stacy Wilson, President of CHAT, joined Fox7 Good Day Austin, to assure parents across Texas they have the capacity to care for your children during the uptick in COVID-19. (Fox7 Austin News, 07/04/20) Watch Interview.
- Texas Children’s Hospital admitting adult patients because of COVID-19 surge. (Houston Chronicle, 06/22/20) Read Article.
- Don’t skip your child’s doctor’s appointments or put off care. (Austin American Statesman, 04/23/20) Read Article.
- Why parents are struggling to find mental health care for their children. (PBS News Hour, 05/07/2019) Read Article.
- Health Affairs’ May Issue: Social determinants, children and more. (Health Affairs, 05/06/2019) Read Article.
- Texas ranked 49th in the country for children’s health care. (D CEO Healthcare, 05/03/2019) Read Article.
- Study: Texas rate of uninsured children double national average. (Houston Chronicle, 05/02/2019) Read Article.
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, testifies before the House Appropriations Committee. (02/11/2019) Watch Video.
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, testifies before the Senate Finance Committee. (02/06/2019) Watch Video.
- Texas must fund our children’s hospitals. (Houston Chronicle, 02/05/2019) Read Article.
- Lives of most vulnerable are at stake. (San Antonio Express News, 02/03/2019) Read Article.
- Please, Legislature: Give Texas children’s hospitals the money they need. (Corpus Christi Caller, 01/30/2019) Read Article.
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, discusses how children’s hospitals in Texas are facing a crisis. (Spectrum News, 01/29/2019) Watch Video.
- Texas must ensure funding for children’s hospitals. (El Paso Times, 01/25/2019) Read Article.
- Texans Care for Children on Early Childhood Intervention. Read More
- The Annual Report and Data Book is an overview of the Department of Family and Protective Services programs, services, performance, and accomplishments, and a comprehensive statistical resource for the fiscal year beginning September 1st through August 31st. Learn More.
- America’s Children: Key National Indicators of Well-being, 2018 is the 17th of a compendium of indicators depicting important aspects of children’s lives, drawn from statistics reported to 23 federal agencies. Learn More.
Over 7 million children live in Texas, and more than 3 million of them are enrolled in Medicaid. Medicaid provides vital, age-appropriate preventive care for children to ensure that they get off to a good start. Medicaid also helps families with children who have medically complex conditions. Medicaid is the largest payer for health care provided by children’s hospitals. Consequently, as the federal and state governments discuss major revisions to the Medicaid program, those changes will disproportionately impact children and the providers that serve them. The op-ed below helps explain the importance of Medicaid to CHAT members.