Children’s Health in the News
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, testifies before the House Appropriations Committee. (02/11/2019) Watch Video.
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, testifies before the Senate Finance Committee. (02/06/2019) Watch Video.
- Texas must fund our children’s hospitals. (Houston Chronicle, 02/05/2019) Read Article.
- Lives of most vulnerable are at stake. (San Antonio Express News, 02/03/2019) Read Article.
- Please, Legislature: Give Texas children’s hospitals the money they need. (Corpus Christi Caller, 01/30/2019) Read Article.
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, discusses how children’s hospitals in Texas are facing a crisis. (Spectrum News, 01/29/2019) Watch Video.
- Texas must ensure funding for children’s hospitals. (El Paso Times, 01/25/2019) Read Article.
- Report: America’s military readiness and the essential role of Medicaid. (www.TricareForKids.org (11/14/2018) Read Report.
- Fewer Texas children are uninsured, but some fear the momentum could be lost. (Dallas Morning News, 06/18/2018) Read Article.
- Texans want the State to spend their money on health care and expand Medicaid, poll says. (Dallas Morning News, 06/16/2018) Read Article.
- Poll: Majority of Texans support expanding Medicaid. (Austin American-Statesman, 06/14/2018) Read Article.
- Why Texas’ new effort to fight maternal mortality with checklists is a smart idea. (Dallas Morning News, 06/14/2018) Read Article.
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, discusses how the Texas budget affects children’s health care and hospitals during an interview with Center for Public Policy Priorities. (@bettertexas Facebook video, 06/07/2018) Watch Video.
- Texas pays companies billions for ‘sham networks’ of doctors. (Dallas Morning News, 06/04/2018) Read Article.
- As patients suffer, companies profit. (Dallas Morning News, 06/04/2018) Read Article.
- What is Medicaid? (Dallas Morning News, 06/03/2018) Read Article.
- Dell Children’s opening new mental health unit. (KVUE News, 05/17/2018) Read Article.
- Texas Children’s to recoup tens of millions under judge’s ruling. (Houston Chronicle, 05/05/2018) Read Article.
- Texas leads new lawsuit to effectively repeal Obamacare. (Houston Chronicle, 02/27/2018) Read Article.
- Can telemedicine be both cost-effective and high quality? (US News and World Report, 02/27/2018) Read Article.
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, discusses the possible effects of repealing and/or replacing the health care bill may have on children who rely on Medicaid. (@SpecNewsATX, 07/27/2018) Watch Video at 17:45 minute mark.
- After surgery in the womb, a baby kicks up hope. (The New York Times, 01/15/2018) Read Article.
- The forgotten Medicaid recipients. (Houston Chronicle, 07/03/17) Read Article.
- Texas is eyeing big Medicaid cuts. Here’s why it matters to Texas families. (The Texas Tribune, 06/21/17) Read Article.
- CHAT President, Stacy Wilson, discusses the importance of federal funding for children’s health care in Texas. (KVUE.com, 06/15/17) Watch Interview.
- CHAT President speaks on GOP health care bill and why it’s a bad deal for Texas kids. (Capital Tonight, 05/08/17) Watch End of Video Interview.
- Medicaid helps school help children. (www.cbpp.org, 04/18/2017). Read Report.
- Texans Care for Children on Early Childhood Intervention. Read More
- The Annual Report and Data Book is an overview of the Department of Family and Protective Services programs, services, performance, and accomplishments, and a comprehensive statistical resource for the fiscal year beginning September 1st through August 31st. Learn More.
- America’s Children: Key National Indicators of Well-being, 2018 is the 17th of a compendium of indicators depicting important aspects of children’s lives, drawn from statistics reported to 23 federal agencies. Learn More.
Over 7 million children live in Texas, and more than 3 million of them are enrolled in Medicaid. Medicaid provides vital, age-appropriate preventive care for children to ensure that they get off to a good start. Medicaid also helps families with children who have medically complex conditions. Medicaid is the largest payer for health care provided by children’s hospitals. Consequently, as the federal and state governments discuss major revisions to the Medicaid program, those changes will disproportionately impact children and the providers that serve them. The op-ed below helps explain the importance of Medicaid to CHAT members.