Children’s Health in the News
- Study: House ObamaCare Bill Cuts $43B in Medicaid Funds for Children (The Hill, 05/18/17) Read Article.
- CHAT President Speaks on GOP Health Care Bill and Why It’s a Bad deal for Texas Kids (Capital Tonight, 05/08/17) Watch Interview (at end of video).
- Nurses and Hospitals (Houston Chronicle, 05/04/17) Read Article (in middle of page).
- Here’s what the GOP Health Care Plan Means to Texans (KUT.org, 05/05/2017) Read Article and Watch Video.
- Letter to Congress and The White House From the Nation’s Children’s Hospitals
- 3-D Mapping Makes Sure Girl’s Heart Doesn’t Skip A Beat (Spectrum News, 04/17/2017) Read Article.
- Legislature Should Preserve Medicaid for Children and Families (Fort-Worth Star Telegram, 04/14/2017) Read Article.
- Texans Show Support of Child Abuse Prevention (Gainsville Daily Register, 04/07/2017) Read Article.
- What Do You Do When You Think You or Someone Else Might Hurt Your Child? (Austin360.com, 03/31/2017) Read Article.
- Texas Families – Especially Texas Children – Need a Healthy Medicaid Program (Corpus Christi Caller Times, 03/09/2017) Read Article.
- Testing Crucial in Reducing STD Rates (MySanAntonio.com, 02/28/2017) Read Article.
- Texting and Driving in Texas Needs to Stop (Chron.com, 02/28/2017) Read Article.
- Pressure on GOP to Revamp Health Law Grows, Along With Rifts (U.S. News & World Report, 02/27/2017) Read Article.
- A Divided White House Still Offers Little Guidance on Replacing Obamacare (The Washington Post, 02/26/2017) Read Article.
- Report Warns of State Money Fallout From Health Law Repeal (ABCNews.com, 02/26/2017) Read Article and Watch Video.
- Smoky Haze: Curb Youth Tobacco Use to Lower Future Healthcare Costs (Houston Chronicle, 02/24/2017) Read Article.
- Protecting Health: A Misguided Anti-Vaccine Movement Puts the Medically Vulnerable Among Us at Risk (Houston Chronicle, 02/23/2017) Read Article.
- Legislature Must Not Cut Health Care Now (Beaumont Enterprise, 02/23/2017) Read Article.
- Republican-Led States Push to Reshape Their Medicaid Program (The Wall Street Journal, 02/23/2017) Read Article.
- Budget Writer Says Rainy Day Fund Must Be on the Table (Corpus Christi Caller Times, 02/23/2017) Read Article.
- CPS Foster Care Overhaul Bill Advances to Full Senate (Corpus Christi Caller Times, 02/22/2017) Read Article.
- Texans Care for Children on Early Childhood Intervention. Read More
- The Annual Report and Data Book is an overview of the department’s programs, services, performance, and accomplishments, and a comprehensive statistical resource of Department of Family and Protective Services for the fiscal year beginning September 1st through August 31st. Learn More.
- America’s Children: Key National Indicators of Well-being, 2016 is the 17th of a compendium of indicators depicting important aspects of children’s lives, drawn from statistics reported to 23 federal agencies. Learn More.
- Children’s Health Coverage Rate Now at Historic High of 95 Percent. Learn More.
Over 7 million children live in Texas, and more than 3 million of them are enrolled in Medicaid. Medicaid provides vital, age-appropriate preventive care for children to ensure that they get off to a good start. Medicaid also helps families with children who have medically complex conditions. Medicaid is the largest payer for health care provided by children’s hospitals. Consequently, as the federal and state governments discuss major revisions to the Medicaid program, those changes will disproportionately impact children and the providers that serve them. The op-ed below helps explain the importance of Medicaid to CHAT members.