Children’s Health in the News
- Texas Families – Especially Texas Children – Need a Healthy Medicaid Program (Corpus Christi Caller Times, 03/09/2017) Read Article.
- Testing Crucial in Reducing STD Rates (MySanAntonio.com, 02/28/2017) Read Article.
- Texting and Driving in Texas Needs to Stop (Chron.com, 02/28/2017) Read Article.
- Pressure on GOP to Revamp Health Law Grows, Along With Rifts (U.S. News & World Report, 02/27/2017) Read Article.
- A Divided White House Still Offers Little Guidance on Replacing Obamacare (The Washington Post, 02/26/2017) Read Article.
- Report Warns of State Money Fallout From Health Law Repeal (ABCNews.com, 02/26/2017) Read Article and Watch Video.
- Smoky Haze: Curb Youth Tobacco Use to Lower Future Healthcare Costs (Houston Chronicle, 02/24/2017) Read Article.
- Protecting Health: A Misguided Anti-Vaccine Movement Puts the Medically Vulnerable Among Us at Risk (Houston Chronicle, 02/23/2017) Read Article.
- Legislature Must Not Cut Health Care Now (Beaumont Enterprise, 02/23/2017) Read Article.
- Republican-Led States Push to Reshape Their Medicaid Program (The Wall Street Journal, 02/23/2017) Read Article.
- Budget Writer Says Rainy Day Fund Must Be on the Table (Corpus Christi Caller Times, 02/23/2017) Read Article.
- CPS Foster Care Overhaul Bill Advances to Full Senate (Corpus Christi Caller Times, 02/22/2017) Read Article.
- Texans Care for Children on Early Childhood Intervention. Read More
- The Annual Report and Data Book is an overview of the department’s programs, services, performance, and accomplishments, and a comprehensive statistical resource of Department of Family and Protective Services for the fiscal year beginning September 1st through August 31st. Learn More.
- America’s Children: Key National Indicators of Well-being, 2016 is the 17th of a compendium of indicators depicting important aspects of children’s lives, drawn from statistics reported to 23 federal agencies. Learn More.
- Children’s Health Coverage Rate Now at Historic High of 95 Percent. Learn More.